- If you have or your loved one has LTC insurance, it is a great way to help cover the costs of in-home care.
- You can also get paid yourself through Bridges, if you are already providing home care to a loved one who has LTC insurance.
Depending on the policy, it could cover 100% of the costs of in-home care, up to 24 hours a day, 7 hours a week, up to the policy’s maximum.
However, it can be a challenge to deal with insurance companies’ extensive processes and paperwork that need to be navigated before approval is obtained. Bridges has had a lot of experience working with long-term care insurance, and we can help.
- We have staff who can help guide you through the approval process.
- We can speak with the insurance company on your behalf.
- Once the approval is obtained, we will work with you on policy compliance and providing any supporting documents, to ensure ongoing benefits.
- We will also take care of all the billing and timesheets with the insurance company.
In the case where you are providing care to a loved one with LTC insurance, you can get paid for your work through an employment arrangement with Bridges.
- We have all the necessary processes and procedures in place to take care of all the paperwork, such as tax deductions, W-2s, payroll, workman’s comp, etc.
- We ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience for you to get paid on time and in full.
- In essence, we will pay you the agreed-upon hourly rate, for as long as you are employed by Bridges; Bridges will assume the risk of getting reimbursement from LTC insurance.
This has been a tried-and-true win-win formula for our clients and their family caregivers.